A love of golf is something one cannot understand until they experience it. On a positive note – you don’t have to be even remotely good at it to enjoy it to the fullest… in fact you may even enjoy it more. A deep love for the game some hesitate to call a sport sneaks up on you. Once you get a taste of it – being outside with your best friends, laughing and walking for hours, you know magic in its purest form.

I grew up with a father who loved the game, and Tiger, Phil and Vijay were on the TV screen each weekend. Once I met my partner, years and years later, I was once again immersed in the golf world. I knew every golfer, and I watched every tournament. Yes… I WATCHED golf way before I played it. However, in January of 2020 I received my first set of golf clubs for my birthday. I didn’t get the chance to use them much… and then BOOM Covid hit, and suddenly I’m left with a staggering amount of free time.

Fast forwards a few months, and I’m playing about 4-5 times weekly with my buddies. Fast forward a few more weeks and we become members at one of the nicest golf clubs in North America (trust me, it was a good deal…). Now here I am. My first official round of golf was in June of 2020. I broke 100 for the first time in August, and have since broken it three more times.

Golf is humbling. It is exciting and fun, but it challenges you in every way. Beyond the physical, you have to focus – but not too strictly. You have to swing – but not too hard. You have to care – but not too much. Golf is a game that you play with your head and your heart – your body just tags along for the walk. It has taught me a lot about who I am, and forced me to be less concerned with avoiding embarrassment, and more concerned with developing a sincere awareness of what is going on in my mind and my body when I address the ball.

My Free Inquiry is just that – free. I am simply going to document my practicing and my playing, because let’s be honest, it’s all I talk about anyways.