A PNW (Aspiring) Teacher's Journey

“Well that’s about as good a drive as I can hit…”

This blog should probably begin with a celebration of me learning how to embed a video into my post! Woo! I’ve been intending to do this for a while, and now I know to record the video in landscape…

As per my golf journey… oh a journey it’s been. I have reached the lovely and daunting moment of upgrading to bigger and better equipment. For some reason, I have maintained for a long time that the importance of one’s ability will always trump the instrument. I thought it was the driver of the machine versus the machine itself. How naive!

It matters who is in the driver’s seat. It will always matter who is in the driver’s seat. That said… a Honda Accord is different than a Porsche 911 Carrera. (Can you tell I don’t know anything about cars?). I am grateful to have strong connections  at the Golf Club that helped me find new (to me) equipment that is not only affordable, but actually works for how I play!

So what did I get….? Titleist AP2 714 Irons (6-P, 7 being my favourite club) with some lovely Kuro Kage graphite shafts… cut down to fit me!!!!! It was a sad day when I tested the Titlesit TSi2 Driver because I had never loved a driver so much in my life.. But I mean, I was comparing my Wilson Beginner Ladies Set to what is definitely the most expensive club on the market. Well then, Bella, why was it sad? Well it was sad because I knew I would never be able to afford to buy it. Not to be dramatic but the weeks since have been full of demoing clubs that just didn’t quite feel right.

Then my lovely partner tells me he was chatting with the Assistant Pro at our Golf Club/My Golf Instructor, and they discussed a Callaway Rogue 10.5 degree that had been tucked into his locker for two seasons. Long story short, that club found its way into my paws, and boy do I ever love it (seen above). I love the way it feels, the way it looks, and most of all… oh WOW the way it SOUNDS! Anyone that plays golf will tell you the right clubs for you come down to those things (and stats etc etc). So looks like I’ll probably buy it…

To be continued…

« »