Big things happened today… I shot my best score yet – 93! This is a massive milestone. I paused midway through my round to document the 9th hole, which is a kind (from the front tees at least) little Par 3. It was a rollercoaster of a year last year… but since the 2020 Masters Tournament was delayed to November, its ALREADY MASTERS WEEK AGAIN! Sadly, Tiger will not be there, but this tournament is like none other, and every golfer is vibrating with excitement.

Below is the result of me getting some video editing practice, while above can be seen some image editing practice.

Shooting my best score so far is a great way to end my Free Inquiry for the time being. The golf will never cease, however. On that note – a quick consideration of virtual reality in the golf world – golf simulators! Sadly, these things are unreasonably expensive to own (if you want a nice one they can be tens of thousands of dollars). However, there are many ways to get access to them, and they are both extremely informative and extremely fun. I have used them at Golf Town, during lessons at the Golf Club, and at Iron & Wood Golf Simulators here in town. They also allow for golf all year round in places that have to close courses (we are fortunate in that our courses never close for more than a few weeks, while in other places they close for months).

Essentially, a simulator allows someone to play golf on virtual courses or holes, that are represented pictorially and geographically. It is certainly fun to get some friends together to play a famous golf course (yes they have entire golf courses mapped out), but the data you can get from a simulator is unbelievable. Data collected during a golfers swing and of impact with the ball is combined to decide flight trajectory, carry and roll according to the club speed, club path, face angle at impact, ball speed, and spin. When I had my fitting in January, it was done with a simulator that gave me all of the stats for each shot I took. By taking a few shots with each combination of “parts” (changing the shaft, brand, grip, etc as we went), we could overlay the data to find which combination gave me the most accuracy and least amount of dispersion. It is seriously cool. Perhaps I am more open to virtual reality than I realized…